Got Blood for 2016?
Blood Drives @ BIHFC
- Jan. 6
- May 4
- Aug. 24
- Dec. 14
(Wednesdays) 2:00 – 7:00 PM
(No appointment necessary. Just show up!)
Blood Drive @ BIHFC Wednesday, Oct 23 *
2:00-7:00pm (No appointment necessary. Just show up!)
- While 50% of the population is eligible to donate blood, only 5% do so.
- Lancaster General Health (LGH) uses 70-90 pints of blood every day.
- When you donate w/ LGH blood donor center, the blood stays in Lancaster County and is never sold or taken out of the community.
- One pint saves 3 lives.
- LGH rarely has enough and must purchase blood every month.
- LGH does not charge their patients for the blood no matter how much they use.
- Every 3 seconds someone needs blood.
- Every pint is spun down into 3 components: platelets, plasma & red blood cells.
- It only takes 1 hour to donate & you can donate every 56 days.
* Can’t make this date? Donate @ LG Blood Donor Center – 2104 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster PA, 717-544-0170 or see LGH’s blood drive schedule at www.lghealth.org