Bird-in-Hand Half Marathon
- Half Marathon registration is closed. No walk up registrations for the half marathon.
- 5k will have a LIMITED number of walk up registrations available, first come first served, cash or check only, beginning at 11:00 AM, Friday, Sept 7, at the expo, under the large tent.
- Kid’s Fun Run will have walk up registration, cash or check only, beginning at 11:00, Friday Sept 7th.
- Pasta Dinner will have walk up registration, cash or check only, beginning at 11:00, Friday Sept 7th.
- WHERE IS THE BICYCLE RIDE? The Amish Country Classic Bike Ride has been discontinued by the Rotary Club.
2016 Half Marathon & 5k highlights!
|2014 Bird-in-Hand Half Marathon highlight video.|
|Runner’s World named our finisher’s medal one of “The coolest race medals.” Click here to see the article in the August 2014 Runner’s World.|
Click here to see what Runner’s World says about this unique course and amazing Amish runners who call it their own. It’s a course like nothing you’ve ever experienced! Weaving around the famous Amish farmlands of Lancaster County, this is a course that challenges your body and refreshes your soul. Dotting the route are water stations staffed by Amish families, eager to offer you refreshment. And Amish one-room schoolhouses serve as your rest stops. Image by Trevor Dixon
|Our original race introduction video.|
|For another story about our local friends and the Bird-in-Hand Half Marathon click here.|
Thank You, Sponsors!
(Pizza/Pasta Meal & Finish Line Food)
A Course Like You’ve Never Experienced!
Weaving around the famous Amish farmlands of Lancaster County, this is a course that challenges your body and refreshes your soul. Dotting the route are water stations staffed by local families, eager to offer you refreshment. One-room schoolhouses serve as your rest stops!
Half Marathon Course
Start and Finish: On North Ronks Road, Bird-in-Hand, across from the Bird-in-Hand Family Inn. Course limit 4 hours.
- Weaves around the beautiful Amish farmlands of Lancaster County
- Run through the “Valley of No Wires,” a favorite training route for local Amish runners
- Refresh at water stations staffed by Amish families
- Visit rest stops at one-room schoolhouses
- Follow “pace buggies” which lead off the races
- Enjoy breath taking hot air balloon launches at race time
- Carb up at Pre-Race Pasta Party featuring spaghetti and pizza on Friday night
- Relax at a bonfire & free s’more party Friday night
- Capture the coveted “Road Apple” award if you tackle the Garden Spot Village Marathon or half-marathon on April 14 and the Bird-in-Hand Half Marathon
Packet Pick-Up: Must pick up race packet, bib number, and timing chip on Friday before the races from 11 am-7 pm at the starting line tent, 2727 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand.
Parking: Please allow plenty of time to park and check-in. Provided there hasn’t been any rain for several days before the race weekend, there will be plenty of parking on a grass field across from the Bird-in-Hand Family Inn at 2727 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand. If rain prevents use of that field, you will be directed to parking on paved lots.
Shirts: Tech shirts for all Half Marathon and 5k runners (in unisex & women’s sizes); T-shirts for all Kid’s Fun Run runners. Shirts only guaranteed if pre-registered by August 4, 2018. After August 4, shirts will be first come, first serve.
Refunds/Deferrals/Bib Transfers: No refunds. No entry deferrals. No bib transfers permitted.
Water Stations: On course at Mile 1.25, 3.5, 5.5, 7, 8.5 and 11, staffed by Amish families.
Rest Stops: On course at Mile 1, 3, 4.5, 8, 10 and 11.5 at Amish one-room schoolhouses.
Awards: Finisher’s medals for all Half Marathoners. Half Marathon and 5k trophies to overall male, female & adaptive racer; overall masters male, female & adaptive racer. Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for both male and female in the following age groups: 12 and under, 13-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.