A Course Like You’ve Never Experienced!
Weaving around the famous Amish farmlands of Lancaster County, this is a course that challenges your body and refreshes your soul. Dotting the route are water stations staffed by local families, eager to offer you refreshment. One-room schoolhouses serve as your rest stops!
Start and Finish: On North Ronks Road, Bird-in-Hand, across from the Bird-in-Hand Family Inn. To get an overview of the 5k course, click here.
- Weaves around the beautiful Amish farmlands of Lancaster County
- Run through the “Valley of No Wires,” a favorite training route for local Amish runners
- Refresh at water stations staffed by Amish families
- Visit rest stops at one-room schoolhouses
- Follow “pace buggies” which lead off the races
- Receive assistance, if needed, from “sag buggies” on course
- Enjoy breath taking hot air balloon launches at race time
- Carb up at Pre-race Pasta Party featuring spaghetti and Amish Pizza Friday night
- Relax at a bonfire & free s’more party Friday night
Packet Pick-Up: Must pick up race packet, bib number, and timing chip on Friday before the races from 11 am-7 pm at the starting line tent, 2727 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand.
Parking: Please allow plenty of time to park and check-in. Provided there hasn’t been any rain for several days before the race weekend, there will be plenty of parking on a grass field across from the Bird-in-Hand Family Inn at 2727 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand. If rain prevents use of that field, you will be directed to parking on paved lots.
Shirts: Tech shirts for all Half Marathon and 5k runners (in unisex & women’s sizes – NEW FOR 2017!); T-shirts for all Kid’s Fun Run runners. Shirts only guaranteed if pre-registered by August 4, 2017. After August 4, shirts will be first come, first serve.
Refunds/Deferrals/Bib Transfers: No refunds. No entry deferrals. No bib transfers permitted.
Awards: Finisher’s medals for all Half Marathoners. Half Marathon and 5k trophies to overall male and female, overall masters male and female, plus medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for both male and female in the following age groups: 12 and under, 13-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.